Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Best Shirts Ever

There's not much report about from Plankerville lately.  It's been a dreary couple of days with lots of chores and less sleep than I'd hoped for.  Good thing we had these shirts to help brighten our day.  How fun are they?  The boys think they are the BEST SHIRTS EVER.  Thanks, Katie!!


Colton the Alligator...my silly camera-loving boy.


Mason the Frog...supposed to be a silly face in the first shot...looks more sad to me...he's learning! 

We already get quite a bit of attention when we go out just because the boys are twins but add these awesome shirts to the mix and everything takes twice as long because everyone needs to stop us to get a look.  Fun times!

It's been pretty rainy the since yesterday so we've spent quite a bit of time mastering this new super-long train puzzle I got the boys for their birthdays.  We're ready for our next challenge!


 Mason refused to be in the picture...silly boy!   

I've been doing some experimenting with my new juicer as well...not much to look at but so much fun for me, and so good for me too!


This one had asparagus, broccoli, kale, apple, and lemon in it.  YUM!   I made a homemade V8 too...sodium free.  I'm really loving my new gadget...especially since yesterday was produce day (I had 24 people pick up...woohoo!...keep spreading the word about affordable organics) and we are freshly stocked with all kinds of yummy organic produce to juice.  The options are endless!  I see lots of green drinks in my future. 

After yesteday's easy workout on the elliptical and some light weights with my legs, my legs have finally recovered from Monday's workout and I was able to get some torturous intervals in on the treadmill this morning.  I hate that darn machine but it was too dreary to drag the boys outside in the stroller.  After a mile warm-up, I alternated some half and quarter mile intervals with some biceps and triceps work.  I finished it up with a one mile cool-down and some additional work on my bis and tris.  

Here's something random I've realized lately--I've always loved a good fitness challenge and have incorporated weights into my workouts more intentionally over the last couple of years but have always been more of a cardio queen.  For some reason, in the last couple of months I've been digging the weight room even more and cardio's been more of an afterthought...weird but true...I'm thinking of sticking with the trend in my training next week...more weights, less cardio...keep things interesting.

I'm looking forward to dinner and drinks with a friend while the boys play with one of their favorite babysitters followed by a weekend with no plans and hopefully some sunshine.  We need some time poolside.  Happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment