Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Etiquette Reminders

Last night when I went to bed, I prayed my headache would be gone when I woke up.  No such luck!  I'm on day 3 of a nagging headache...no fun!  Life goes on, however, headache or not!  

We were moving pretty slow this morning and I almost just stayed home rather than go to MOPS since we were running so far behind, but I decided being late was better than not going at all.  At the end of the day, I was really glad I went.  It's always great to see my MOPS friends and to get support and encouragement from them. It is a phenomenal group of women!

The topic of the day was etiquette in the modern world.   The speaker gave some good reminders such as...
  • keep your word...it's a lost art but highly valued
  • under-promise and over-deliver...it will really knock people's socks off
  • be responsive
  • canceling on commitments is the same as lying
  • take ownership for your actions...no excuses, no blaming
  • everyone has a reputation....what do you want yours to be?
  • make it a priority to show thanks to others
  • don't burden others with unnecessary requests...humble yourself
  • give equal opportunity to speak...don't monopolize conversations
  • lateness is rudeness...ouch!  I need to work on this one pronto!
So it looks like I have a mid-year's resolution to be on time.  I think I can I think I can I think I can...haha  No more excuses, right?  Her takeaway message was this...


I think if we make this our focus, all of the other things will fall into place, don't you??  Definitely not the way of the world, but imagine if it was!  I definitely want to model and teach these concepts to my boys. 

We swung by the gym on the way home from MOPS.  After two days of torturing my legs, they were ready for a break today so I focused on chest, back and shoulders, getting in some pretty heavy sets.  It felt good and I forgot about my headache for a while.  I finished up with an easy 10 minutes on the elliptical just to try to loosen up the sore muscles in my legs a bit.  I need to challenge my legs more often so my body adapts a bit more.  I guess my other mid-year resolution is to focus a bit more on training my legs.  Maybe I can end up with killer legs to match my killer arms, haha!  Kidding!  

The boys and I refueled with a yummy lunch when we got home...grilled chicken, avocados, and sliced tomatoes topped with feta and balsamic.  YUM!  I stole some of the boys whole grain chips to munch on the side.  It was the perfect post-workout lunch.  

I've spent nap-time vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, writing thank-you notes, and trying to find a stir-fry recipe for dinner that won't require a trip to the grocery store. I hope the shrimp and sugar snap peas recipe  is as good as the reviewers say and that the boys approve as well.  After dinner, I'm looking forward to just putting my feet up and watching some mindless tv...hopefully headache free.  

I hear the boys calling...back to the grindstone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment