Search This Blog

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunny St. Patrick's Day Weekend

It's about time we had a BEAUTIFUL weekend.  Too bad Leah had to leave before the weather finally decided to cooperate.  I hate when that happens for our guests.  She'll just have to come back soon.  We took full advantage of the gorgeous weather by spending as much time as possible outside.  After a couple of quick errands which included this RIDICULOUSLY DELICIOUS impulse buy from Bed Bath and Beyond...


...and a stop by the gym for some full body weights and sprints on the treadmill, we spent most of our time poolside yesterday.  I even stayed out there while the boys napped and made this bracelet for a friend...




After naps, we managed to fit in an outing to the park...
 

The bouncy dinosaur is always a hit as is driving the truck...


The boys waited VERY patiently for a turn on their favorite wooden truck.  I was proud of them for waiting so long.  

We kicked off our Sunday with a visit to church.  We moved the boys up to the two-year-old class a little early and I love how they have a little lesson now and when I ask them what they talked about, they always very proudly tell me "JESUS!"  We love our church! 

I had thrown some corn beef and cabbage in the crock pot this morning and came home to this lovely surprise after church...


I managed to pry the lid off with two spatulas without getting any glass in the corned beef...I hope. I let it finish cooking it with this lovely foil cover...


Guess it's time for a new crockpot.  Always something...

We spent the majority of our day outside again.  The boys spent the rest of the morning playing with their water table and bikes.  We got all dressed up and tried to make it to the parade...

Colton

Mason

...but we had to abort our mission when we realized the parade was further away than we thought and the boys were fading fast.  We ditched our parade plans and switched our mode of transportation to the stroller so I could get in some exercise while they snoozed.  I ended up covering a little over 5 miles before the boys started to stir.  Good enough for me!  After running into the wind for over 2 miles, I was ready for an excuse to throw in the towel.  That stroller never seems to get easier to run with but I do love the added challenge...most of the time.  

Once we got home, we played outside some more until dinner time.  The corned beef was delicious despite the crock pot fiasco and the boys devoured some festive guacamole since I couldn't convince them that cabbage is YUMMY!  Maybe next year...

All that fun in the sun has me beat and I didn't even indulge in a single adult beverage today.  It's almost un-American on St. Patrick's day, isn't it?  Worse things have happened...

Check out how much the boys have grown in a year...


What a difference a year makes!  CRAZY!  s

I'm calling it an early night and heading to bed with some tea and my kindle.  My book keeps getting better and better...




















No comments:

Post a Comment