Search This Blog

Friday, March 15, 2013

Lazy Day

What a low-key, relaxing day!!  We kicked off our morning by sleeping in til 8:15.  I love my early mornings but sometimes I relish in the opportunity to stay snuggled up in bed a little longer.  Since there was nothing on the agenda today, something that hasn't happened in over two weeks, I chose to embrace the opportunity to be lazy this morning.  I think we stayed in our jammies til at least 10:00.   It was GLORIOUS!


We finally got motivated enough to get out the door for a run to the gym a little after 11.  I love the fact that I can run to my gym!  Today I played the role of a cardio queen by running to the gym to put in my time on the elliptical before running back home.  I'm trying to make up for some of the overindulging I did over the last week.  I must say I enjoyed every bite and sip...just time to get back on track.

We've spent the rest of our day playing outside...


While the boys napped, I also took the time to paint my nails... 


...and I made some bracelets... 


Pretend you're surprised if you receive them as a gift :-).    I also am almost finished with another wrap bracelet;  I just need to get a button to finish it off.  I also tried out my hand at a DIY workout top but it was an EPIC fail!  Oh well...Guess I'll stick to bracelets for now.  

Tonight plans are just as low key as our day was.  I plan to cook up this lovely steak for us to enjoy...


...that's right, this girl is back to eating RED MEAT and LOVING it!  Only grass fed for this gal though and only once a week.  I'm sure it's not as wonderful as the steaks my sister got to enjoy in Argentina but it will have to do.  Can you tell I'm a bit envious of her??  I'm planning to pair it with a tomato, blue cheese, and balsamic salad.  YUM!

Check out how much I saved at Publix last night when I bought that steak along with all of our other groceries...


My recored is a $62 savings but that was when I wasn't shopping for organic products as heavily.  I was pretty excited with my savings.  


After the boys are in bed, I'm hoping to make some more progress on my book...


It's getting REALLY interesting.  I'm always a sucker for any historical fiction dealing with the Holocaust.  Combine that with Jodi Picoult's great writing style and it's sure to be a winner for me.  Can't wait to see how it continues to unfold.  

Happy Saint Patrick's Day weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment