Search This Blog

Monday, March 18, 2013

Arms Women Would Kill For :-)

This morning I woke up in one of those fogs where you're not sure if you're dreaming or awake.  I could have sworn I heard a hug thunder clap but then had convinced myself I must have dreamt it when there was no more thunder and not a drop of rain or a flicker of lighting.  It was completely bizaare...  About 10 minutes later there was another huge boom followed by some lighting and a sprinkling of rain that helped me feel a little better but it was strange nonetheless.  Anyone else hear that around 6:30am???  Please tell me it wasn't just me...

Nevertheless, it did help me drag myself out of bed and I managed to finish one cup of coffee along with some reading before the boys started stirring.   They woke up quite happy this morning, well-rested and full of energy.  I love when that happens!

They went to their play group this morning and made these adorable rainbows...

Colton's is on top of Mason's
...while I ran to BJs to stock up on some essentials before going to the eye dr for a way-overdue exam.  It had been over 3 years since I'd been for a check-up...whoops!  It was nice to have the doctor confirm that my eyes indeed have improved and I am happy to report I have returned to 20/20 vision again.  Ever since I had the boys I haven't felt like I needed glasses anymore and my instincts were confirmed today.  I swear my body is CRAZY but I'll take it...a good report from any doctor is always welcome!  Maybe all the produce I eat is working its magic?!?!

After I picked up the boys, I asked them if they wanted to go to the gym or to our house.  They unanimously voted for the gym.  They must want me to get back on track just as much as I do.  I only had about 45 minutes before child watch closed so I made the most of my time with some an intense full-body weights circuit and some sprint intervals on the elliptical.  I was spent at the end!

One of the trainers made my day today when he gave me a couple of tips.  I love working out when he's training other people cause I can steal his moves and he doesn't mind one bit, he even gives me pointers.  Free training...score!  Then, he told me how great my arms looked..."you have arms other women would kill for" he said.  I told him I work hard for them and it was very nice to have my hard work noticed by someone who knows about fitness.  It was especially nice to hear when I've been feeling frustrated with my body.  Apparently my husband is a lucky man to have a wife with my arms...lol.

Speaking of workouts, check out this new workout from Peak313...I can't wait to try it during a non-peak hour at the gym.  Talk about taking full advantage of the treadmill.  How fun!

Time for some tutoring and then some quality time with my boys before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment