Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday Chores and Sunday Funday

Yesterday morning, I made a to-do list a mile long with hopes of tackling the whole thing before my parents arrived that evening.  We got off to a bit of a slow start but picked up speed as the day wore on.  I was able to check everything off the list except picking up books from the library...not bad, I must say!

I vacuumed and did laundry while the boys played and ate breakfast.  Then we made ourselves presentable and hit the road for some errands which included a trip to the gym for a great full body weights workout...


I followed it up with 20 easy minutes on the elliptical.  It was an EXCELLENT workout if I do say so myself.  Makes me feel a little better about just taking a walk with my mom and the boys today.  I'll get back to the gym tomorrow.  Today it was much more to walk, talk, and soak up some sunshine while checking out ArtsFest.  I may or may not have gotten a little too much sun...woops!  

Yesterday also included a stop at the grocery store so we were well-prepared for our company...


SCORE!!!  

I had to dig into my emergency snacks on the way there and I must say, these simple bars are divine!!   I found them at Target and they only have 5 recognizable ingredients.  They could definitely satisfy a cookie craving....


While the boys napped, my next task was prepping a lasagna to be thrown into the oven for an easy, yummy meal for our company.  I tried a new recipe for eggplant parm lasagna and can't wait to test it out.  


I also had time to vacuum and skim the pool while the boys were sleeping.  After that, I was spent, so we spent the rest of the evening relaxing and goofing off...


Gotta love their muscle shirts!!  They are really starting to love the camera.  Can you tell who's who???  
Mason is in the red and Colton is in the blue.  

Since my parents got in late last night, the boys were already sleeping, but they wasted no time in saying hello this morning...


Sorry Grandpa and Mimsy...there's no sleeping in in this house. 

After spending most of the day outside and just finally filling our bellies with a yummy lunch, everyone except me is napping.  Time to take advantage of the quiet time and do some daytime reading.  Almost done with my book...

I have a feeling the rest of our day will involve lazing around the house.  Fine by me!!  

Tomorrow's a big day...we start our intense swimming lessons.  I can't wait to see how the boys respond to the program.  I have high hopes for them!!  My mom and I have some pedicures on the agenda for tomorrow as well.  Yippee!






No comments:

Post a Comment