Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Worry Less, Play More


I've been worrying a little too much lately and was seeking out some wisdom during my quiet time and was comforted by this verse by Matthew.  It's a verse that I think I need to have plastered allover my house as it's hard for me to keep in mind for some reason...



As I was trying to find a pretty version to print out,   I stumbled upon these other good reminders along the way...




All very good reminders, don't you think?  And all just a google search away.  Gotta love technology!

In other news, we've had a pretty jam-packed couple of days...

We checked out Fire Fest on Sunday...

We got to see the jaws of life do their thing...


...we saw LOTS of fire trucks...



...and got more fire hats that were tricky to wear in the stroller so we got frustrated.    Thank goodness we were able to wear them at home as we played with our new train set.  Check out the station and the bridge...  


On Monday morning, I got to work at the boys play group.  It's always so interesting to watch them interact with other kids.  It's also fun to get to know the other moms...we've got some really great ones in the group!


Check out these awesome starfruit a mommy friend gave us.  The boys don't like them raw so I'm thinking of experimenting with her idea of making jam from them.  I'll let you know how it goes...


The rest of our day was spent napping, doing a couple of chores, and literally running errands.  I love combining my cardio with my chores.  It had been a while since I had covered more than 5 miles.   I went ahead and tackled the bridge too and it felt good.

The boys have been OBSESSED with yogurt and avocados lately.  Healthy...but oh so messy since they are so NOT interested in letting anyone help them get every last drop! I feel like I spend half my day cleaning up messes.  I keep reminding myself it won't last forever...I hope!


Today kicked off bright and early with Story Time.  Since it's Valentines Day week, I stuck with the theme.  Our books today were...

This is a sweet rhyming book that focuses on Valentines Day.

I LOOOOOOVE this book and read it to my boys almost every night.  You MUST read it.  Nancy Tillman is by far one of my favorite children's authors.  Her "I Love You" series is a must for every child's library if you as me.  

Next stop was music class.  It was great as usual.  Boy do I have one stubborn kid on my hands.  Colton wanted to hang onto his bell so much that he didn't even mind missing out on the cookies at the end.  He made his choice and stuck to it...talk about a determined kid.  I've got my work cut out for me.  

We squeezed in a quick trip to the gym for some stress relief before heading home for lunch and tutoring with one inspiring kiddo.  It's amazing what 30 minutes with an elliptical and some dumbbells can do for my mood along with a visit from a hard-working student.  

I spent naptime putting together this UNBELIEVABLE gift from a very dear friend.    The boys woke up and thought they had died and gone to heaven...train heaven.  Who would have thought I'd become a train building machine?!?!  The things you'll do for your kids...I think I was just as excited about this table as they were.  I can't wait to see what all they do with it!!!!  We are so blessed!


Our day wrapped up with a lovely visit from a wonderful friend who came bearing cheese-free pizza and wine.  I felt like I was in heaven!   Thank God for friends!

On a completely random note, Peak313's febYOUary challenge kicked off yesterday.  It's not too late to join.  I'm excited to see what I learn about myself along the way.  


I am blessed, God is GOOD all the time...sometimes I just need reminders.  I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that.    




2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I've had dried starfruit. It doesn't have a lot of taste, but it is good mixed in with dried papaya, mango, pineapple, and kiwi. Jam sounds interesting. If you ever get a bunch of passion fruit, it makes great jam. Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It ended up turning into more of a sauce than a jam, so I made applesauce bread using the starfruit sauce. YUM!

    ReplyDelete