Search This Blog

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Serious Play

These silly boys have been giving me some honest to goodness belly laughs over the last few days.  You should hear them on their trucks as they talk about all the work they're doing.  I think they really do think they have important work to do...too cute!  When you think about it though, play is pretty important work for toddlers.  It's SOOOO important...and so fun!


They're pretty serious about their trains too...

I really need to videotape their sound affects...  "Choo Choo Chugga Chugga Clickety Clack Clickety Clack Ding Ding..."  This book has been great for encouraging them...


They have the truck version too and they are some of their favorite books.  
Last night they kept telling me they were reading their Valentines Day cards to me.
  

After the boys were in bed, my evening looked like this...


Wine, water, and The Biggest Loser.  Talk about a crazy Friday night, haha.  It worked for me and that's all that matters.

This morning kicked off bright and early with coffee, leftover pancakes, and a good facetime session with Daddy.  Next up was a trip to the gym to get my cardio in.  I knocked out 6 miles on the elliptical while getting some reading done.  I love multitasking on that machine.  I had a hard time getting Mason and Colton to leave when I was done.  I'm glad they like it there.

While we were out and about, we hit up Bed Bath and Beyond.  I FINALLY got myself a salad spinner.  I hope it's as wonderful as everyone tells me it will be.  


We also popped in Joanns for some beads.  I've been feeling the need to do some crafting.  

We've spent the rest of the morning outside enjoying our glorious weather.  It's too good to pass up.





Look at those messy faces thanks to enjoying our lunch outside too.  I'm obsessed with making pizzas using these lavash breads...


Their nutritional stats aren't too shabby either...


Today's version included pesto made from heirloom carrot tops and spinach and a little bit of parmesan cheese.  Yummy!


I've got a chicken roasting in the oven along with some heirloom carrots so when dinnertime rolls around, filling our bellies will be easy breezy.  That leaves us lots more time for fresh air after naps.  

I'll leave you with a little video of my giggling boys.  I hope it makes you smile as much as it does for me.  I think it's the best sound ever.  Happy Saturday!










No comments:

Post a Comment