Search This Blog

Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Weekend Update

I've been MIA for the past couple of days because we were off enjoying ourselves in Naples.  My sister, her boyfriend, and his parents were over there and we decided to drop in and rain on their parade.  We had a great time!  Hope they didn't mind too much...

While over there, we stopped by the Naples Zoo--a must see if you're ever there.  It's fantastic!  We especially loved the primate boat ride.  The zoo also features great botanical gardens throughout which I thoroughly enjoyed as well.   I do NOT have a green thumb but I always enjoy the work of people who do, my husband included!


You can get up close and personal with the giraffes for the bargain price of $5 for three pieces of romaine lettuce.  We chose to watch other people feed them and had just as much fun.  



This alligator responded to a bell that alerted him to the feeding time.  It was crazy to see...just like Pavlov's dogs.   I did not have the zoom on...we were that close.  Pretty cool for the boys.


The viewing areas were not stroller friendly at all and once you take the boys out of the strollers, there's no getting them back in.  Thankfully, Scott lifted the boys up so they could see at lots of the exhibits.  Thanks, Scott!


Checking out the tigers up close.  He just paced back and forth right there in front of the fence.  The boys were mesmerized. 


Checking out the tiger.



While waiting for the primate boat trip, they let the boys feed the fish.  They got a kick out of watching the tilapia and tarpon splash as they ate the food.  


Checking out the cheetah. 

I should have taken lots more photos, like of the boat ride and the monkeys, but I was having so much fun it kind of escaped my mind.  Oh well!

We got home in time today to squeeze in a wagon ride before dinner and baths.  We've been loving this Florida January...


The boys surprised me by asking for and then devouring salad with honey mustard dressing tonight.


Mason


Colton


The three of us ate this entire package of salad tonight. Crazy! 

A conversation with my sister earlier in the day had me craving a beer, which doesn't happen often.   the boys were in bed, I decided to crack open this lovely bottle I found in the fridge as I was unloading my Trader Joe's goodies...you better believe I made sure to hit in up while I was in the area.


It's still the holidays at the Planker house apparently.  

I hear The Biggest Loser starts tonight.  I'm off to set the DVR so I can watch it tomorrow.  We all know I'll fall asleep in the first 5 minutes if I try to watch it at 9:30 at night.  Lame, but true.  Looking forward to starting Round 4 of Tina's Best Body Boot Camp tomorrow...with LOTS of modifications for my core, still trying to heal that darn diastasis...  





No comments:

Post a Comment