Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

A Lovely Day

The boys went to a play group this morning and made these lovely necklaces...


...while I took care of some errands and paid a little visit to this lovely spot...


Look at how beautiful it was today.  I couldn't believe my car was the only one in the parking lot.


There were shells EVERYWHERE!  Lovely!

Speaking of lovely things, I called the exterminator today to nip my ant problem in the bud.  After a week of trying to tackle the little critters on my own, it was time to call in the experts.  Her put a solution on the wall and warned me it would get worse before it would get better.  He said it would take 6-8 hours for it to really work.  Boy am I glad he knew what he was doing because this is what my wall looked like after 3 hours...


Lovely, right?  I was seriously nervous that I had made my little ant problem MUCH BIGGER.  But here is how the exact same spot looked 6 hours later...


Not an ant to be seen.  LOVELY!  He really knew what he was doing!  Thank God for exterminators!!!  

Now, on to more lovely things...

For lunch today, they continued their newfound salad obsession.  I'm taking advantage of it while it lasts.


I still can't believe how they devour it.  I guess they want to be like Mommy...it's a beautiful thing!  

Our box of the boys' Christmas presents from Indiana arrived today.  Needless to say, the boys thought it was lovely to have their new toys back.  


It was a lovely day for some play time outside and some lounging around by the pool as well.  


For the life of me, I can never seem to get them to both look at me at the same time.  Oh well!


You wanna know something that I don't find lovely...how crowded the gym is in January.  Thank goodness for gorgeous weather to do cardio outside and quickie boot camp workouts that can fit into the corner of the gym.  Today's best body boot camp workout used slow reps (6 counts to lift, 1 count holds, and 2 counts to lower) and I have to say I'm not a fan.  I definitely felt the burn, don't get me wrong, but 'll take faster paced weightlifting any day.  I have to say I am much more aware of taking care of my core while I life thanks to Beth Learn at Fit2Be.  Her workouts have been such a gift to me. If you have a diastasis recti, you MUST check her out!  You won't regret it.

For dinner tonight, we tried out a new kind of bread crumb I stumbled upon...


I am a HUGE fan!  I used them to make some delicious baked breaded chicken along with a side of sauteed broccoli for dinner tonight.  It was a hit with the boys as well.  Lovely!


Off to enjoy the rest of my evening.  I'm hoping to call it an early night.  
What was lovely about your day?





No comments:

Post a Comment