Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Santa Jammies and A Visit to the Vet

After a less than stellar weekend, this morning got off to a good start--THANK GOODNESS!  I woke up refreshed from a good night's sleep over a half an hour before the boys did which gave me plenty of time to drink a cup of coffee, do my devotion, and catch up on my emails, facebook, etc.  I love when that happens!

Check out the jammies the boys insisted on wearing to bed last night...

   Colton - always the ham these days            Mason - working on his dribbling skills

I love how happy they are first thing in the morning.  

Keep the Christmas spirit alive as long as you like, boys!  I won't judge.  They love Santa...on jammies that is.  

We enjoyed some pancakes before hitting the road.  They got to go to a play group while I took the cat to the vet.  Lucky me!!  He cried the WHOLE way there, which was kinda funny, but it turned out a lot better than I had expected...except for the bill.  I must say, he is a pretty darn cool cat.  

That's our Mango!  Not bad for a 15 year old cat with only about 5 teeth left and arthritis in his hips.  The vet bill to take care of that adorable face kills me though.  How is it cheaper to give medical care to my children than it is to take care of my cat?  $30 to dispose of his poop?  $25 for a fecal float test? What is that even?  And they won't give him the rabies or leukemia vaccines without doing that??  Say what??  They even conned me into the $25 drops for his water to help with his tarter.  Crazy stuff!  He should be in the clear until 3 years from now when I'll be forced to take him again for his Rabies shot.  Better start saving up now, haha!  Enough complaining about that though...

After the vet visit, I still had a little time to squeeze in a workout before picking up the boys.  I like this week's workout from Tina's Best Body Bootcamp workout SOOOOOO much better than last weeks.  The deadlift to row was my favorite move.  LOVED it!  I am definitely adding that one to my regular routine.  Thanks, Tina!  I enjoyed watching the inauguration while I got in some intervals on the elliptical as well.  I think it's so cool that the inauguration fell on the same day as MLK day.  Our country has come a LOOOONG way!  I'm excited to see what's in store for us in the future. 

After picking up the boys, we got home in time to FaceTime with my parents and grandparents who are spending the weekend together.  I'm so happy that I have technology to keep us all in touch even though we're so far away from each other.  Hopefully we'll get up there for another visit sometime soon.  

Tonight, I plan to roast a kabocha squash that has been calling to me for the last couple of weeks.  That darn squash is all the rage on so many blogs I read.  I can't wait to try it out myself.  

source
Stuft Mama is always roasting them up and they always look so yummy.  I'm hoping to try half of it the savory way and half of it sweetened up a bit.   Here's to hoping it lives up to the hype.  

Clare, another blogger with some great posts posted this today, and it really struck a cord with me so I thought I would pass it along...
source
Her thoughts on it were pretty intriguing.  I hope you'll check it out.  Good stuff!

Off to do my daily transverse exercises with Bethany Learn at Fit2Be studios.  If you're a mom struggling with  your abs and you haven't checked her out yet, you should!  Her core exercises work miracles.








2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, don't feel so bad about your vet bill. I had to take Severus (outdoor cat, & he has the name for a reason) to the vet after rescuing him from a dog attack that would have been certain death if I hadn't been home. I got the attack stopped before any serious damage other than severe bruising. Unfortunately I missed one puncture wound that later abcessed. Vet bill: $200.00. Thank you neighbor dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!!! I wish I could just give him the shots myself...someone could make a killing with house calls.

    ReplyDelete