Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just Breathe

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way!

A friend posted this on her Facebook page last night and it couldn't have come at a more appropriate time.  I had a ROUGH day yesterday.  Broken sunglasses, fussy kids, constant messes, a long to do list,   some good advice that made me panic a bit about having a plan in place about my kids, technology issues, etc.  I know in the grand scheme of things, it all seems like minor stuff, but as it piled up, I lost the ability to take it all in stride and forgot to do one very important thing--BREATHE!  Thank you Ginny Luther for reminding me of that important technique last night.  The parenting classes I take to be a better mother to my children have some very useful practices for me as well...SCORE!  I can't recommend Ginny Luther's classes enough.  She really is amazing!

Did you know that breathing and getting oxygen into your system is the only way to shut off your stress response?  Mickey says its referred to as a tactical pause in the military.  The brain is wired the same, no matter what your stress is, and breathing is the #1 tool for combatting stress.  It's interesting that the exercises I'm doing with Fit2Be to heal my core focus on breathing as well.    That skill is SUPER important!  I've got to remember to just breathe--I can handle this!

Thank goodness for friends who listened to me vent, flowers and chocolate to brighten my day, classes that teach me how to "do it better" next time, a husband who never ceases to amaze me, sleep, wine, good coffee and a fresh start today.  God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way!  Today is a new day and I have a much better outlook on the day.  I'm relaxing more, connecting with my boys more, and getting less fussiness as a result.  Calm mommy = calm kiddos.

I made it to the gym this morning for my Thursday cardio on the elliptical which always puts me in a better mood.  And while everyone picked up their produce today, the boys and I played on the front porch.  Fresh air always does wonders for my mood as well.


Who knew rocks could be so much fun?


Crash!


Check out these big boys sitting at the checkerboard table.  

Now it's nap time which means a chance for me to get some things done...and maybe sit on my butt for just a little bit too.    I'm looking forward to making some roasted veggie and goat cheese pizza tonight.   YUM!  I've got an open bottle of wine that will pair perfectly with it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment