Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Giant Alligators and Yummy Food

What a gorgeous day we're having.  I can't wait for the boys to get up so we can get outside and take advantage of it.  I'm glad we were able to squeeze everything we had to do today into our morning so the rest of our day is smooth sailing.  In our list of outings, we managed to squeeze in a trip to the library for the family place.  The highlight of today's playtime was the giant alligator puzzle.

                   
This thing was huge and so much fun!  The boys even fed him some milk and pizza since he looked hungry.  Too cute!

We also managed to find Thomas the Train and an airplane.  SCORE!  

After the boys got their playtime in, it was time for me to get my playtime in at the gym.  I did today's scheduled Best Body Bootcamp workout and LOVED it.  Weeks 3 and 4 are SO much better than weeks 1 and 2.  Thanks for the heart-pumping, full body routines Tina.  100 reps of each exercise--it's no joke!  I was happy to discover that I could complete all 100 reps with the weight I normally use for my other workouts.  Looks like it's time to up my weights.  YAY!  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow.  I squeezed in 20 minutes on the elliptical as well, trying out some of my moves from yesterday's workout again.  Apparently it made some people laugh...Try it out, I dare you, may look goofy but it's no joke.

We all came home famished from the gym and I got a little carried away with my salad.  It was a BEAST!  Romaine, craisins, almonds, a pink lady apple, and grilled chicken topped with a yummy raspberry vinagrette from Whole Foods.  It hit the spot! 


Speaking of food, I've got a butternut squash in the oven and plans to make some yummy soup using this recipe for dinner with a few modifications.  I don't have an onion so I'll just leave it out.  Also, I roasted the squash without any oil, just halved it, scooped it, and stuck it in the oven cut side down.  Less fat, and much easier than cubing the whole thing.  It just scoops right out when it's done.  I'm planning to pair it with a grilled steak.cho You heard that right, bring on the meat!  It's grass-fed and organic and was on SALE.  Can you tell I'm excited for dinner?

I've also got the fixings for almond milk ice cream in the freezer.  I'm anxious to see how this super-low-calorie treat will turn out...and excited that it's dairy free too.  

Happy Friday.  Hope your weekend is as beautiful as ours looks like it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment