Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Leah made it to Florida!!  Needless to say, the weekend's joy was a bit overshadowed by the sad events in Connecticut.  It made me especially happy to have extra family close by.  Life is too short to take the things we value for granted.  My family is everything to me.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  Don't let a day slip by without making sure your loved ones know how much they mean to you.

I feel like I hit the jackpot this weekend.  Not only do we get Leah for the week, but she came bearing gifts, one of which came in the form of some really cool new GIANT crayons...


These bad boys are apparently available at Target.  They are definitely a hit with my kiddos and would make great stocking stuffers.  Thanks Aunt Leah!!

Aunt Leah is also available for taking photos of the boys that include me for a change...


...at our other favorite store, Publix, where shopping is ALWAYS a pleasure.  

Another perk of Leah's visit is the ability to go for a run without the stroller...


...well hello speedier legs.  It's been a long time!  Nice to see you!!!

It's great to have another set of eyes to help watch the boys at the beach as well...
Our rainy Saturday morning turned into a gorgeous day for a visit to the beach.  The boys got to see those fishermen catch a fish too.  SCORE!

I scored pretty big in the "getting the boys to eat their veggies" department too when I got them to devour this lovely concoction, made by mixing pureed spinach into the cheese sauce for Annie's Organic Mac N Cheese.  I may have stirred in some pepperoni to up the yum factor as well.  


You can see it was a hit with the boys...


It was by no means "health food" but definitely took the healthiness factor up a notch with a food my boys ADORE.  

Today we also made some yummy cranberry oatmeal walnut and white chocolate chip cookies as well as a DELISH kale salad inspired by this one from Iowa Gril Eats.  Love her blog!!  I subbed dried cranberries for the cherries and left out the onions.  It's my new favorite thing to do with kale.  SOOO good!

We had a very exciting Saturday night out in Palm Beach at "A Latte Fun."  The boys were bit overwhelmed by it all and stuck to the puzzles or the stairs most of the time...

They did finally brave the giant trampoline when we were about ready to leave.  They thought running on it was pretty cool...
 

I didn't know we needed to bring socks and may have spent $10 buying socks that didn't fit any of us.  So much for getting a good deal with the Living Social deal.  I spent the money I saved on CRAPPY socks!  Live and learn...so frustrating!

In other weekend news, this lovely thing finally came in the mail too...


I'm proud to be able to add that certification to my personal training certification.  Now I just need some clients!!  Let me know if you're interested...

Speaking of working out, there's still time to sign up for Round 4 of Tina's Best Body Fitness Boot Camp.  Are you up for the challenge with me?  Let me know if you sign up so we can encourage each other.  

Have a fabulous week!












No comments:

Post a Comment