Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Another Doozy of A Day

We're on day 4 of this awful cold and I'm SOOO over it!  It reminds me of the boys' infant stage...up every couple of hours, crabby because they're tired, stroller naps, feeling exhausted, minimal workouts with less than stellar performance, feeling like I'm just in a fog, I could go on but I'll spare you.  I don't know how we survived the boys' first year...no wonder so much of it is foggy for me.  I'm glad this is not the norm for us.

This morning's 4:00 wake-up call seemed especially early after staying up a little later than usual to go to a holiday party featuring a scarf exchange.  I was the lucky one who got to end up choosing from ALL of the opened scarves.  Lucky me!  That kind of thing never happens to me so I was thrilled.  I ended up getting the gorgeous scarf I wanted after an interesting turn of events.  Some people never cease to amaze me.  Thanks for a great party, Debi and Doreen!  It was a great kick-off for the holiday season.  I'll be sporting my scarf for sure this holiday season.

Our day has been filled with lots of jammie time and lots of nose-wiping.  Good thing we've got new toys and jammies to keep us happy.


I made some yummy pumpkin pancakes for all of us this morning.  The boys actually devoured them.  I was glad to see their appetites returning.


I made them using the following recipe:

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes 

Combine the following ingredients in a large bowl.
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 2 scoops SunWarrior vanilla protein powder
  • pinch baking soda
  • pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 T ground flaxseed
Cook just as you would regular pancakes then enjoy.  I topped mine with a little bit of maple syrup but the boys just ate theirs plain.  YUM!


That early wake-up made for some crabby boys come 10 am and they were NOT interested in taking a nap so I had to resort to my old tactic of loading them up in the stroller for some snooze time.  Of course they needed their necklaces and sunglasses for the journey...


The old trick worked and they were asleep before I was even half a mile down the road.


Mason snoozed the whole time but Colton faded in and out, depending on the excitement of the scenery.  He never lets a truck go unnoticed.  I had only planned to run 3 miles but since they kept sleeping, I kept running, taking advantage of the opportunity, regardless of how slow my pace was.


They've suckered me into watching Elmo for a bit.  It's the only thing they've ever seen on tv besides sports.  I think they think it's the only show on tv.  I'm hoping to squeeze another nap out of them once it's over...wish me luck!  I wish I had ambitious goals for their nap time but I'm actually hoping to close my eyes for a bit as well.    


No comments:

Post a Comment