Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day Thoughts

I love Thanksgiving.  It just might be my favorite holiday.  A day completely dedicated to food, family, and counting your blessings--sounds like a winner to me!  It's easy to get caught up in the holiday rush without stopping to recognize all that we have to be grateful for.  Even the "poorest" Americans have far more than most others throughout the world.  It's good to be alive and we have so much to thank God for.  Makes me think of this song...


Not to say that we won't have hiccups and frustrations along the way.  There's a lot of things that easily get in the way of us having an attitude of gratitude.  But, if you're like me, when you look at the big picture, LIFE IS GOOD.  Just remember....


It's empowering to get through tough stuff.  I feel stronger every day and I couldn't do it without God's guidance and encouragement. We all owe everything to Him.

Enough about that...Thanksgiving is all about counting blessing, and I could fill a book with my blessings, but I'll save you the boredom and just give you my top 10...

1.  God.  Enough said.

2.  My husband and best friend.  I am so proud of him and I love him more every day.


3.  My boys.  The best thing that ever happened to me.  They make me smile every day.   


4.  My family.  I wish I had photos of them all.  I have amazing, supportive, inspiring parents siblings,  in-laws, grandparents, and aunts and uncles.  I wish we all lived closer together.   

5. My fitness.  That 7 mile run was a JOY this morning.  It truly is a gift.


6.  My friends.  I would not survive without them, especially in this crazy world of motherhood.

7.  My community.  I love this town!  Check out the view on my run this morning. 



8.  My country.  USA!  USA!

9.  My home.  It may be small but it sure is cozy.  

10.  My life!  It's good to be alive.  

Off to enjoy some more family time and some turkey.  Hope the dry rub on the turkey doesn't disappoint...  Enjoy your day!  Happy Thanksgiving!







No comments:

Post a Comment