Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve Fun

We have been loving our time with Mimsy and Grandpa.  The boys got their computer fix this morning as Mimsy introduced them to the world of YouTube videos.  It was no surprise to discover they loved any video with an animal in it.


I'm getting a jump start on my Thanksgiving dinner this morning.  I used my favorite recipe for cranberry sauce.

Yummy Cranberry Sauce
Combine the following in a large saucepan:
  • 14 oz fresh cranberries
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup apple cider
  • Splash orange juice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes.  That's it!  So easy, and SOO yummy.
I tripled the recipe because it's soooo good.  I plan to put some on waffles, in smoothies, and even on the boys yogurt in the coming week.

Garlic and pumpkin just finished roasting in the oven.  Those babies will be going into the garlic smashed potatoes and pumpkin soup.  Now, I've got the sweet potatoes roasting to speed things along for the the whipped sweet potatoes with banana and honey.  I'm planning to make the maple pecan pie today too.

I still can't make up my mind as to how I want to flavor my turkey tomorrow.  Any suggestions??

Speaking of food, the holidays give us lots of opportunities to indulge in our favorite goodies but there are also plenty of opportunities to help out those less fortunate than ourselves.  I think the challenge from Peak313 fitness is a great way to handle both situations.  Check out her challenge for all the details.  You know me, I love a good challenge, so I'll be tackling this one along with Clare starting on Monday.  Let me know if you decide to join me.



Enough food talk.  The rest of my day is dedicated to a quick Best Body Fitness Bootcamp workout (after Monday's crazy Burpee workout, I'm avoiding tackling today's workout just a bit...), lots more family time, and a visit to PABbq.  My parents have been wanting to try it since I moved here more than 8 years ago.  I have a groupon and I think it's time they get to check it out.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  Celebrate your blessings and the sacrifices others make, like being away from their families for the holidays, so we can have those blessings.  Say an extra prayer for them!


These guys rock and I am SOOO proud of them!



No comments:

Post a Comment