Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Goodbyes, Turtles, and SANTA

We bid goodbye to my parents yesterday.  I was sad to see them go after such a great week.


I'm TERRIBLE at goodbyes, and sometimes even get a little depressed after people leave, but I've learned over the years that the best way for me to deal with those situations is with some fresh air and some exercise.  We had a pretty fun day making that happen.

We kicked off our morning yesterday with some veggie-scrambled eggs before hitting the road along with my parents.  They were off to Birmingham and we headed to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center in Jupiter.  I love that place and used to take all of my out-of-town guests there.  It's that cool!  I am embarrassed to admit it was the first time I took the boys to check it out.  They were celebrating "Blue Friday," which in my opinion was the PERFECT alternative to Black Friday shopping and we decided to join the fun.  I'm so glad we went!


We had hoped to see a Tropical Santa there but apparently I got the wrong information.  Good thing I remembered santa was going to be downtown later in the afternoon.  In the mean time, we headed home for naps for the boys, and a workout for me.  I'm still muscling through the Best Body Fitness Bootcamp plan and had switched up the order of the workouts for the week, attempting to avoid the burpee workout, but had to bite the bullet and finally tackle it yesterday.  I ended up doing 158 burpees in that workout.  OUCH!  I'm pretty sure I reached total muscle failure with that one.  Now I'm really dreading week 6, since it includes 2 more burpee workouts as well.  I have a love/hate relationship with those things.

Once the boys woke up, we headed downtown to track down Santa.   We ended up running into a friend who detoured us into the Arts Council for the Tykes and Teens Festival of Trees.  There were some gorgeous trees in there!   Guess who else was in there---SANTA!  Thankfully Mrs. Claus was kind enough to give up her seat so I could hold the boys for the photo.  There was no way Colton was getting anywhere near him without me.  Poor guy!


Maybe we scarred him last year...



What a difference a year makes.  That Santa really is a great one!  (So much better than the one we ended up finding downtown--creepy!)  Hope we can track him down again every year.  

I rounded out my day with a very sad, but good movie and a glass of wine on the couch.  


Not a bad day at all...much more eventful than today.  We've had a cozy day at home today, lounging in our jammies til  at least 10 and playing with just about every today in the house and the yard.   I love hanging with my little men.  




No comments:

Post a Comment