Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Silly Boys and A Yummy Smoothie

After a jam-packed week of visitors and non-stop entertainment, the boys and I have been embracing the bliss that is our simple, day-to-day life.  We had another low-key day yesterday, just doing our usual Monday stuff.  I love our simple life which gives me time to enjoy the little things, like this...


This is how I found Mason when I went in to get him in the morning.  Too funny!  Made me think of the V Neck skit from Saturday Night Live.


I seriously couldn't stop laughing.  These boys never fail me when it comes to making me smile.   With our giggle fit behind us, we were off to enjoy the day, which ALWAYS involves lots of books.



They sure do love their sound effects.  As if knowing what noise practically every animal makes was not enough, their new truck book as inspired a whole slew of new motorized vehicle noises.  It's quite entertaining.

In an attempt to jazz up breakfast a bit and put something healthy into my body after way too much indulging, I whipped up a smoothie inspired by this one from Oxygen magazine:


I modified mine to make it vegan, so into the blender went...
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla brown rice protein powder
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate brown rice protein powder
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp groung ginger
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tbsp molasses
  • 2 big handfuls spinach
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
It tasted just like the name implies, like a gingerbread cookie.  I will definitely be repeating that concoction again this week, hopefully multiple times.  

In workout news, I'm on week 6 of the Best Body Fitness Boot Camp challenge.  It was another burpee circuit workout day.  You know me, I avoid burpees, so I put yesterday's workout off as long as possible and ended up finally fitting it in right before dinner.  I had to do some fancy footwork to avoid hitting the boys while I jumped around since they wanted in on the action too.  Push-ups sure are challenging when you have two toddlers trying to sit on your back while you crank them out.  I'm trying to not let it bother me so much when I have to adapt my workouts to their silliness, and rather be grateful that they want to hang out with me and for the opportunity to set a good example for them.  Hopefully they will grow up thinking exercise is cool.

Have a fantastic day!  It's good to be alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment