Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hump Day

We made it to Wednesday.  Score one for us!  Tuesdays are always crazy so Wednesday feels like a day to finally regroup a bit.  Ahhh...My boys slept in a bit again this morning (must be the cooler weather) so I had time enjoy my coffee while getting some studying in during the early morning hours.  I love that the sun is up nice and early but hate that it gets dark so early now.  You win some and you lose some with daylight savings time.  It does get me to bed earlier which means I wake up earlier on my own...not so bad.

I had a green monster smoothie before heading off to the MOPS boutique this morning.  Into the smoothie went:

  • 1 scoop SunWarrior Protein powder
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 large banana
  • 2 big handfuls of spinach
  • 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
  • pinch of cinnamon
It kept me full and satisfied all morning.  Love that!  

Check out the cool bracelet I got at the MOPS boutique this morning...



It's made by my lovely friend Cris.  She has a gift!  I love it.

After MOPS, my boys let me squeeze in a quick workout.  We ran to the gym, then I did my Best Body Bootcamp workout while the kids played in the Play Care area, then we ran home.  I love that we were able to soak up some vitamin D on this lovely day while getting in some fitness.  Florida is the best this time of year!

Today's bootcamp workout combined supersets with cardio bursts.  It kept my interest piqued and engaged all my muscles.  I have to admit I didn't enjoy those isometric holds too much but I hope they work their magic to make it all worth my while.

I was lucky enough to score some Wahoo from a friend at MOPS this morning.  MOPS is where it's at people!  It felt so indulgent eating it for lunch.  To prepare it, I seasoned it with salt and pepper before tossing it with some whole wheat flour seasoned with cajun seasoning and garlic.  I then dipped it in egg whites before rolling it in tortilla chips I crushed with the food processor.  I panfried it quickly on each side before putting it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes to cool all the way through.  That fish is THICK.  It was SOOOO yummy!  I'm stoked that I have leftovers to indulge in tomorrow as well.  I might share some more with the boys if they're good....Just kidding.  They'll get some for sure!

I'm really looking forward to catching up with some of my girlfriends tonight.  It's been too long since we've all gotten together.  Bring on the wine!

Before I forget, Handful Bras, (the most flattering sports bra I've found for us flat-chested gals) is having a closeout sale.  Their bras are only $12.  Get some before their gone if you're in need of a little something extra like I am.

Time to go light my candle and make my home more of a haven before the kiddos wake up and it's back to crazy town.  See exhibit A:



Happy Hump Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment