Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thank God For Friends and Family

There's nothing too exciting to report on the fitness front today.  I am planning to go for an easy run this afternoon and squeeze in some core work throughout the day.  I'm even doing some of my core tightening exercises as I type this post.  Cool, huh?  Thanks Fit2Be Studios for your wonderful exercises.

I had a wonderful night out with my girlfriends last night.  I don't know how I'd make it through this crazy, exciting world of mothering without them.  They keep me grounded, they give me advice, they make me laugh, they reassure me when I'm worried, they watch my kids when I need a break, or let me bring over my kids when I need to escape my own house.  They step in to help at a moment's notice, many times without me even having to say anything, when I need an extra hand.  They are such a blessing in my life and I thank God daily for the amazing people he has placed in my life over the last couple of years, specifically.  It truly does take a village to raise a child, and without family in town, my "village" of friends is such a valuable blessing to me.  Thank you guys for always being there for me!  Words cannot even express how truly grateful I am.

I'm thankful to be able to count my family among my best friends as well.  I don't know what I'd do without the love and support of my sisters, parents, and one and only brother.  Mickey's family is pretty wonderful too.  I can't wait to spend Christmas with my parents.  It's been years since I've been with them on Christmas morning.  I feel as giddy as a kid just thinking about how nice it will be to be surrounded by family on Christmas morning.  Looking forward to that is hopefully going to make the next couple of weeks easier.  I'm kind of hoping they fly by too.

I'm seriously thankful for these little gifts from God as well.  We have our good days and challenging days but they are the best things that have ever happened to me and I adore them.


I'm also thankful for produce day.  I'm getting kale today and you better believe I'm going to be whipping up some kale chips for my snack today.  Can't wait!  I see some roasted cauliflower in my future as well.  That stuff is like candy.  YUM!

It's cool out today so the boys get to sport their new shoes from Aunt Abigail. How cute are they?


I think it's time for me to get a pair too.  I am super jealous that the boys have Toms before I do.






2 comments: