Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Mustache Fun

Yesterday we had some fun with these goofy stick-on mustaches.  Thanks Target Dollar Spot!  You made our day.


As if mustaches weren't enough, we also got a surprise package from my sister Miriam, which included mummy and skeleton straws, stickers, AMAZING pumpkin spice puppy chow and light-up bouncy balls.  Needless to say, the boys had a very  exciting day yesterday with all their new goodies.  THANKS Aunt Miriam!

It was a gloomy kind of day so we also indulged in some spicy hot cocoa thanks to my adaptation of this recipe.  It was YUMMY!  Cayenne, cinnamon and chocolate.  What's not to love?  I actually made ours with stevia instead of the brown sugar and unsweetened almond milk instead of regular milk.  


I also finished making this bracelet.  I'm excited to play around with different colors to create different looks.  It was fun to do something hands-on.  We stocked up on more materials to help entertain us during today's wash-out from hurricane Sandy.  


It was produce day too so I got to pass out all this organic deliciousness.  I love Thursdays...so yummy!  I'm really excited to try out my dandelion greens.  I've never had them before but I do love my greens.


My two-mile run ended up having to be on the treadmill yesterday because of this crazy tropical weather.  I forgot how much I hate treadmills but I did discover a new love for the bosu ball as I completed the strength training portion of my workout.  Today's boot camp workout from Best Body Fitness called for squats into overhead presses while standing on an upside-down bosu ball.  It was a nice new challenge to attempt my workouts on a wobbly surface.  We also did our push-ups on it upside down.  It was fun and challenging to mix things up.


While all of that excitement was going on, we were also making homemade dulce de leche in the crock pot using this recipe.  It was SOOOOO good on apples.  Success!  I recommend dipping apples into it at 10 pm after splitting a bottle of wine with a great friend and your sister.  It made for a very relaxing night for me.

The plans for this rainy day are very low-key.  Perfect for a rainy rest day two days before my half-marathon.  Bring on the carb-loading and hydration!  

Stay dry and safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment