Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Last Training Day

We've been squeezing in a LOT of fun the last couple of days.  I love that Abigail's visit coordinated with a taper week so I haven't had to worry too much about my training while she's here.  Tomorrow's the big race and I'm hoping the weather cooperates.  It was pretty windy out there this morning for my last training run.


I'm as ready as I'll ever be for tomorrow's halloween half marathon.

Here's some of the fun things we found to do the last couple of days, despite the rainy weather...

The play area at the mall is surprisingly fun.  Everything is nice and padded, a definite plus in my book.


The Ghoula last night was fun too.  My sister and I went as identical twins...not the most creative costume there, but it worked and we had a great time.


Today's Hobgoblin parade in Downtown Stuart was super cute.  I loved seeing all the kiddos outfits and we got to use our new handy dandy wagon.   We love it!


The boys loved seeing their friends at the parade.  I love our little town!

I'm sticking to my tried and true pre-long-run pizza.  We've got a homemade pie in the oven topped with fire-roasted tomato sauce, sauteed kale and mushrooms, and chicken sausage smothered in mozzarella...definitely not vegan but DELICIOUS and hopefully just the thing to power me through my half marathon tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the half-marathon recap in the near future.  Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment