Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Great Race Day

The weather cooperated and my body did too this morning as I finished my half marathon more than 7 minutes faster than my pre-babies half-marathon when I thought I was in the best shape of my life.  These boys have got me faster than I've ever been.  Thanks guys!  They are the best training partners.  It was a glorious morning!


Plus side of being 30--the competition is tougher.  Downside of being 30--I placed 3rd in my age group instead of first.  The fastest 25-29 year old raced in 2 hours.  Good thing I love competition--gives me something to shoot for at next year's race.



The boys were thrilled to see me cross the finish line.  Abigail made some really cute signs for them to hold.  It was awesome to be able to wave to them as I came across the finish line.


I had fun chatting with my boys while I waited for my award.  Check out all the great sponsors too!



My finisher's medal was pretty cool and featured Mickey's design.  I'm so proud of him for winning the contest.  My 3rd place trophy is a ceramic travel mug filled with candy.  What a fun idea!


Mickey's shirts are great!  I was glad I had mine to wear after the race since it was much cooler this morning.  Mickey was there in spirit.

My theme song for the last month has been "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" and wouldn't you know, that's what came on for the home stretch of the race from my itunes shuffle.  Perfect timing!

We treated ourselves to a delicious breakfast at Jan's following the race.  I hadn't been there in forever and was pleased to discover it is still as delicious as ever.  I loved me mediterranean omelette and hash browns but was too full to eat much of my pancakes.  Just means I have breakfast all ready to go for tomorrow.  YUM!


The boys really enjoyed playing with their trucks as we sat outside watching for motorcycles until our food came.  Then it was time for them to devour their bacon.  

We spent the rest of the day lounging out by the pool, making more bracelets, playing with the boys, and riding our bikes.

Colton and I

Abigail and Mason

We came home in time to enjoy a nice cold beer along with some sweet potato tortilla chips and guacamole.  Now it's indulge in some zucchini, mushroom and swiss chard enchiladas.  

Have a great Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment