Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm Going to Boot Camp

Last night, I signed up for an online boot camp and I'm pretty excited about what is to come.  I've read Tina's blog for a while and her workout style is very similar to mine so I'm hoping I am challenged and entertained by her program. Let me know if you join too and we can encourage each other along the way.  You can sign up here.  I'm pretty pumped as my half-marathon training is coming to an end and I'm always on the lookout for the next challenge.

On a completely different note, those roasted leeks I tried out last night were divine!  They were the perfect post-recovery-run side dish to compliment my salmon.  I may or may not have indulged in a dark chocolate Lindt truffle or two after dinner as well before calling it an early night.  Bliss!

My early bedtime didn't bring about the good night's sleep I had hoped for.  With a crazy storm outside and two inconsolable toddlers, I finally brought them into my bed with me where they quickly settled into a deep sleep which left me wide awake, fearing they'd fall out of the bed.  They then decided that 3 am was the perfect wake-up time.  Ugh.  Since that did not bode well with me, I set them up in their cribs with loads of books and toys while I found solace in my bed for a couple of hours.  They let me sleep til 6:30 when they decided it was time to seize the day.  For me, it was time to seize some coffee.

I don't function well on little sleep so needless to say, it was a bit of a rocky morning but nothing a little time on the elliptical with my kindle couldn't cure.  I left the gym with a much better attitude and we headed off to the Family Place at the Children's Museum.  The boys had a GREAT time.  Now that they're getting older, the exhibits are much more interesting to them.  It really is a great resource for us here in the Stuart area.  If you haven't checked it out yet, you should!


I've got my fingers crossed that I am able to get some solid sleep tonight.  Tomorrow's another busy day and we all need our rest.  How do you keep a good attitude when you're tired?  I'd love to hear your tips.




No comments:

Post a Comment