Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall is in the Air

I've discovered the secret to getting especially awesome sleep out of my boys--playing outside!  Yesterday they spent most of the day outside and slept over 12 hours last night.  This morning, they played outside with a friend and are now treating me to 2+ hours of quiet time while they nap.  I am so glad we are getting some cooler weather so we can spend longer periods of time outside.  I have no problem with letting my boys indulge in fresh air and sunshine and they are so easily entertained outside so bring on the fall and winter weather!  We Floridians put up with summer to enjoy the rest of the year's weather.  Love it!

It was cool enough this morning that I felt it wouldn't be torture for the boys to wear their long-sleeved Dolphins shirts.  I never dress them the same but they only had one style of this shirt so matchy-matchy they will be.  If they're ever on a sports team together they'll dress like each other for games so I guess we can make exceptions once in a while.  I told them to clap and shout hooray so I could take their photo.  They followed directions well...


I had to put my foot down on having them wear matching shorts.  Matching shirts is enough...

With our fan gear on, we were ready to head to church.  I wasn't really that excited about going to church to hear a message on politics but it ended up being much more interesting than I thought it would be.  I should have known Gordon would have some wise words for me, even on a subject I try to avoid at all costs.

This was one of the slides from church this morning that I stole from TC3s facebook post...


Good point!  I thought Gordon's take-away message was spot-on:

 
After church it was play time.  Check out the cute pumpkin the boys made this morning (with my help :-)...)


Good thing the glue on their stickers is strong.  The boys keep taking off the stickers and putting them on their faces to make each other laugh.  I guess they want to be pumpkins too.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what they think of Halloween.

I devoured more of that quinoa salad from yesterday while the boys munched on leftover homemade pizza before it was time for their nap.  During the first part of the boys nap today, I was able to complete the following workout which I got from pbfingers.com :

source
I powered through the first 2 rounds before I noticed that it said to rest for 15 seconds between each exercise.  I wasn't resting and it was REALLY giving me a run for my money.  I decided to go ahead and power through a 3rd round without resting to keep the momentum going but think I'll go ahead and throw in the rests the next time I complete this routine.  It's a good one!  Phew!

I'm going to try this recipe for for roasted leeks tonight.  I haven't met a roasted vegetable I didn't like and I'm hoping this one doesn't disappoint.  I'll serve them along-side some chipotle-honey salmon.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  YUM!

I'll leave you with this video of my little chatterboxes.  Love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment