Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Recovery Day

You would have thought I could have gotten a good night's sleep last night, but it was suprisingly restless.  I did, however, get out of bed feeling pretty good, considering I ran my fastest half marathon ever yesterday.  It did feel good to finally make it to the gym after running some errands this morning so I could spend some time on the elliptical and work out some of the soreness.  I love having a workout buddy here.  We finished off our workout with a routine from the Best Body Fitness Boot Camp routine.  It was another good one.  My favorite move was the one-legged one-armed rows.  I need to work on my balance so I can take it up a notch by trying it out on the Bosu ball.  All in good time...


Since I didn't sleep well last night, I decided to quit fighting getting out of bed to seize the moment and do some studying.


I'm plugging away at this certification slowly but surely.  I found the following quote in today's reading quite interesting...



I guess I'll just have to settle for the midlevel limits of performance so I can indulge in my favorite treats from time to time.  Once the boys woke up, the studying was over and it was time to put nutrition on the back burner for a bit so I could throw together some yummy treats for this Halloween week.  

These cute little ghosts were inspired by the lovely Jenny Clark.  Thanks for the idea.  She made hers using nutter butter cookies and they were adorable.  I just subbed graham crackers for the cookies.  The boys think they are so silly.


I also made peanut butter rice crispy treats topped with leftover white chocolate and mini chocolate chips.  YUM!


And I have pumpkin spice granola baking in the oven.  It smells divine.  Thank goodness we've got some friends coming over to help us devour these goodies along with some homemade hummus, crackers, and wine.  Happy Birthday Cecilia!  I'm so happy we're friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment