Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Morning Six Pack

After my internal clock woke me at 5 am this morning, I decided to seize the opportunity for some "alone" time and enjoyed a cup of coffee before deciding to give in and cozy up with this six pack...


...of dumbbells that is.  These guys help me deal with stress, take the edge of when I'm anxious,  and energize me when I need a little pick me up.  Talk about an awesome happy hour.  I enjoyed a great workout by combining these 3 workouts:

www.fit2flex.com
Check out the fit2flex website for all the details on this awesome workout.  Don't let it fool you into thinking it's easy like I did.  I had an easy time busting out the 50 dumbbell dumbbell deadlifts on the first set and thought everything would be as easy...ha!  The push-ups were the toughest for me.  Gotta work on those.  I really loved the challenge of the squats with dumbbell shoulder presses.

pbfingers.com
I did one set of each of these workouts from pbfingers.com  It was nice to get in some jumping jacks and burpees. I also liked the reverse lunges with front kicks.  I didn't even use weights for them and still found them to be challenging.  Instead of the crunches, I did mountain climbers.  Gotta be kind to my diastasis recti.  

pbfingers.com
It took me 33 minutes to complete my workout and fit the bill for a muscle-building, cross-training workout for my half marathon training plan.  I can't believe today already kicks off week 7 of my plan. I'm in the home stretch.  

As I was finishing up, I glanced out the window and saw this beautiful sky:


I hope I never take for granted that I get to wake up to these gorgeous views most mornings.  I live in paradise.  Hoping to get out again this evening to see the sunset.  Have a great Sunday.  




No comments:

Post a Comment