Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Challenge Fun


Seems like everywhere I look, people are seeking out a new challenge.   I guess back to school must mean new year's resolutions for the adults.  Why shouldn't we get a fresh start right along with the kids?  Sounds like a good idea to me.   I am already training for a half marathon, so I have a pretty good challenge on my hands already, but why stop at one?  Go big or go home, right?  I have two additional plans I'm hoping to kind of merge, personalize, and tackle...


I love fitness and have really been working on strengthening my faith.  I get lots of inspiration for combining those two things from Clare at Peak313.    Yesterday she posted a challenge that I signed up for.  It involves fitness, faith, and accountability.  I really like the accountability and faith aspects of it.  Check it out!  I'd love for you to join me.  Please let me know if you do so we can encourage each other.  Another post of her's that I highly recommend if you are a stay-at-home mom can be found here.

Found here

A friend told me about the 100 Days of Real Food Challenge so I checked it out too.  WOW!  Sounds like a great plan.  Nothing packaged for 100 days---no sugar, no flour.  I'd love to try a vegan version of this starting in October.  Anybody want to join me?  Like the previous challenge, it would provide accountability to have a partner or even a group to tackle the challenge with.

In other news, I tackled my 35 minute tempo run this morning with my family.  Love our family jogs and I really did push myself (and the stroller)  but have no idea what my real pace was since my MapMyRun app wasn't working.  I do know I covered 4.48 miles though, so I think it probably took me longer that 35 minutes to complete.  Hopefully not more than 40 though.  It's crazy how much I depend on that app.  I get so frustrated when it doesn't work.  Here's how fast it told me I was going...HAHA!


We also had some fun at the library.  Colton was a big fan the fish and the bike and Mason got lured into the markers and the broccoli. I can't wait to show him that I have proof that he does indeed eat broccoli the next time he doesn't want to eat it.  I love that marker holder by the way too.  I think I have a new task for my husband to tackle in all that free time of his...

We're keeping busy and having fun too.  Life is good!  Let me know what challenge you want to join me on.  I'm ready to encourage you!


No comments:

Post a Comment