Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I LOVE WEDNESDAYS!

If you are a mom of young kiddos and don't know about MOPS, I highly suggest you check it out.  It has been a lifesaver to me as I navigate this crazy path of mothering.  My group meets every other Wednesday and I look forward to those meetings.  They help get me through the week.  I'm always so glad I went.  This morning was no exception.  I'm always amazed by all the women god puts in my life to help me along the way.  I'm looking forward to a great semester of growing in my faith and becoming a better mother.

MOPS.org
Before MOPS this morning, I was able to do something that was introduced to me there...GET UP BEFORE YOUR FAMILY to have some time to yourself.  I got in a quick 3 mile run and a speedy upper body workout to start my day off right.  I'm doing a 5k on Saturday in honor of the 9/11 victims so I had to switch up my training plan a bit.  I did 2 runs yesterday to be able to bump up my long run to Friday and still have a rest day prior to the long run.  Here's how I adjusted my schedule--Yesterday afternoon, I did the 5 mile run scheduled for today (It took me about 48 minute) and this morning I completed my 3 mile race pace run on the treadmill.  I'll make tomorrow my rest day (will probably squeeze in some yoga and a walk) and hit the pavement for 8 miles on Friday.  I won't race on Saturday but will use the 3 miles as a recovery run. My focus for the 9/11 heroes run will be the good cause and not a PR.  I'm saving that goal for the half marathon.  I knew I was going to have to be a bit flexible with my schedule and I know how important rest days and long run days and I feel this approach won't hinder my training plan.  Here's the upper body workout I completed this morning:


The results of my 3 mile race pace (half-marathon race pace, not 5k race pace) run looked like this.


My plan for the rest of the day, after my boys wake up from their nap, is to play with my kiddos, hit up our beloved Publix, whip up some yummy mashed sweet potatoes and chipotle chicken for dinner (I'm trying this recipe), do a little Geometry tutoring, and hopefully get in some more reading.  It is taking me WAY to long to get through my book.  It's a good one too, I just keep finding other things to do with my time and then falling asleep when I do finally get a chance to read at night.  

Have a great Wednesday.  Make some time to MOVE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment