Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blocks, Running, Roasted Grapes, Etc.

We had quite the productive evening yesterday.  Mickey and I got the halloween costumes finished, I balanced the check book (yuck!), we ran some errands, squeezed in a beer and some chicken wings, we played with the boys and I finally got some photos organized for a little project I'm working on.  I'm normally a loyal Shutterfly gal, but I came across some great deals at York Photo that I coudn't resist.  I thought I'd pass along that they're running some photo book deals and also 5 cent prints if you type in the code nickel.  Hard to beat!   Don't worry Shutterfly!  I'm ready to pounce on your Christmas card specials just as soon as you announce them.

These guys were Mega Blocks masters yesterday:


This morning kicked off a little later than usual, not that I'm complaining because I got to read in bed for half an hour before the boys woke up.  Then it was time for some coffee before a 3 mile run.


With that behind me, it's now rest time until Saturday morning's 10 mile run.  I sure would love a cold front to come in time for that run.  I know I've been complaining about the heat A LOT but I run in the summer so I can maintain my fitness for when I really LOVE running--in the winter, Florida winters that is.

On a completely random note, check out this recipe I stumbled upon this morning.  I had heard about roasting grapes last week and was intrigued, so I looked up the instructions again and found this awesome idea which I'm hoping to try for lunch today.

Found at www.howsweeteats.com
The grapes are already roasted and they're just as yummy as I had hoped.  Now I just have to bake the potatoes.  I was thinking of subbing laughing cow cheese wedges for the goat cheese, since that's what I have on hand.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

We've got one more day of family time to soak up today before a date night tonight.  Looking forward to some alone time with my man.

Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment