Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Some of My Favorite Things

Yesterday's goal of getting in some quality time was a success.  Check out my 3 favorite men...


Life is good!  We are so blessed.  The party last night was a success as well.  I love our little community and am reminded of how blessed I am any time we join together for a cause.  A huge thank you to everyone who came out to show their support.  And thanks to our amazing babysitters who took care of our kiddos so we could enjoy ourselves.  

Despite the late night, I was still able to get my 6 mile run in this morning without too much trouble.  I ran solo and enjoyed the time to myself to let my mind water and give thanks for my blessings.  Hopefully my 10 mile run on Saturday goes as smoothly as today's run.  Only 3 more long runs left before the big race. 

I am happy to report that MapMyRun was working and I could even see my splits while I was running, but I don't think it saves them.  Oh well.  A friend told me to try the RunKeeper app..need to do that.  


After a shower and a yummy egg sandwich, it was time to make the pumpkin granola I've been wanting to make all week.  The smells wafting through my house made my mouth water and the flavor is even better than I had hoped.  I will definitely be making more of this.  Bonus--it's VEGAN too.


The inspiration for it came from this recipe.  I halved it and omitted the pumpkin seeds, since I didn't have any on hand.  I'm not a huge pumpkin seed fan anyways so I don't miss them one bit.   It is DIVINE!  I'm looking forward to combining it with some vanilla greek yogurt for a snack later today...if it lasts that long.

I've been drinking a ton of this delightful beverage I found at Publix earlier this week.  It's SO refreshing and only 10 calories per serving.  It's not full of chemicals either, which makes it a win in my book since water can get kind of boring sometimes.  


I may or may not have ordered more of this in bulk from Amazon last night.  Love that site!

Speaking of food...I made some delicious monte-cristo sandwiches for Mickey and I last night that were quite delightful.  Pears, swiss, turkey, dijon, and spinach stacked between sourdough slices, then dipped in eggs and milk with a little cayenne salt a pepper, then grilled on each side...BLISS!


Enough food talk.  Off to enjoy some more family time.  I see some silliness in our future.  Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment