Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What a Productive Morning

Today started off with my 35 minute tempo run.  For those not "in the know" with running lingo, I found the best description of it at runnersworld.com
 "It's what I call 'comfortably hard,'" says Pierce. "You know you're working, but you're not racing. At the same time, you'd be happy if you could slow down."
Couldn't have said it better myself.  I'm hoping these runs really help me to improve my speed.  They're definitely not my favorite way to run.  I'd take a slow,easy long run over a fast, intense short one any day but the research is out there to back tempo runs and I'm willing to give it a shot.  I think I'll be glad I did in the long run.  In case you're interested, I was able to complete 4.11 miles in 35 minutes pushing the 90+ lb jogging stroller and stopping to pick up the boys juice cups at least 3 times.  I feel pretty good about it.  Day 2 of my half-marathon training plan is DONE!  Only 68 more days to go!

After a quick clean-up, some eggs scrambled together with spinach, canadian bacon and a laughing cow cheese wedge served with a DELICIOUS toasted bialy (in case you wonder what they are...which I will now know how to toast properly since I've watched the video) we were off to lead story time at the coffee bar.  Boy was it HOT out there but we still all managed to have a great time.  Gotta love all these local kiddos!  Its fun to see familiar faces each week and watch the kids' development and interaction from week to week.  I am so glad I have the opportunity to lead this event each week with my kiddos.

From there we headed to Family Place at the library.  I am SO glad we decided to give it a try.  The boys had a great time playing and socializing and I enjoyed watching them and chatting it up with the other moms.  We are looking forward to the next 5 weeks of it and I encourage you to check it out next time it rolls around if you live in the area and have toddlers.  What a great community service!  
Of course my boys' favorite activity was reading books
and standing on the table.
Thankfully this one didn't have legs. 
Now we've finished up lunch, the boys are napping, and I'm waiting for the washing machine to finish its job so I can move on with mine.  Looking forward to pork chops with peppers and onions tonight and maybe some BOGO ice cream from the Fresh Market.  YUM!  Like I keep saying, "I'm not vegan yet."  Haha!  Make it a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment