Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

My Tuesday got off to a wonderful start.  The boys were up nice and early, which might sound like a bad thing, but it gave us time to fit in a family run before Mickey had to go to work.  I love our family runs!  We did some multi-tasking on our run and I took a detour at the polling place to cast my vote.


After a shower, I ate a delicious bowl of oatmeal topped with pluots and blueberries.  If you haven't tried pluots yet, I highly recommend it.  They're a cross between a plum and an apricot...SOOO yummy!  Mine were part of my share from Annie's Organic Buying Club...something else I highly recommend you check out if you live in Florida (www.anniesbuyingclub.com)  It's the best organic produce I've ever had, and much more affordable than the grocery store too.

After my yummy breakfast, we headed to the story time I lea.  It is becoming one of my favorite times of the week.   It's so much fun getting to know the kiddos and their moms.  What a great group!  I can't wait til it cools off so we don't sweat so much in the process.  At least the heat wore the boys out and they took a nice long morning nap and I had time to catch up on some chores and make this yummy lunch...

Organic Girl Super Greens topped with corn, black beans, avocado, tomato,
craisins,  sliced almonds, balsamic, and a turkey burger with a little melted cheese.  
I also had time to make the Birthday Cake Reeses from Chocolate Covered Katie's Blog.  Her's, of course, looked much better than mine.  But mine sure were DELICIOUS!  The only adaptation I made was to substitute PB2 for the cashew butter.  I love that stuff!

After my lunch settled and I played with the boys a bit, I got them busy playing with their balls outside and decided to tackle the following lower body workout I dreamt up while folding laundry...


I used 20 pound dumbbells for all of the exercises except the single leg bridges, reverse plank pulses, and jump squats.  My boys did, however, climb onto me for the bridges, and it added a significant challenge which they thought was hysterical.  I'll leave it up to you whether you wanna try that one out or not...

I'm looking forward to a yummy dinner tonight of whole wheat pasta topped with roasted vegetable tomato sauce and shrimp...and maybe another one of those birthday cake reeses...Yum!  Thank you Chocolate Covered Katie for your yummy Vegan creations.  You're making it easier for me to work towards a plant-based diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment