Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Funday

Today started out with a yummy breakfast of bacon wrapped eggs (I had turkey-bacon wrapped egg whites and made the real deal for the hubby and toddlers) accompanied by green pancakes.  I simply added pureed spinach to my good old oatmeal flax pancake recipe.  We topped them with fresh strawberries and a little agave.  I ended up adding a touch of Greek yogurt to mine as well.  YUM!


Our next bit of excitement to the day included church where we heard a convicting message about putting our faith into action.  Basically, if people can't tell you're a Christian by your actions, then your faith is dead.  OUCH!  It encouraged me to do a better job to live out my faith.



While the kids napped, I was able to squeeze in a visit to the gym while a chicken roasted in the oven.  Today's workout started out with 45 minutes of intervals on the elliptical followed by a legs workout that looked like this:

I did 4 sets of each exercise, using the following machines...
  • Leg adductor
  • Leg abductor
  • Leg extension
  • Leg curl
  • Leg press 
Set 1: I completed 15 reps at a challenging weight
Set 2: I completed 12 reps at a slightly heavier weight
Set 3: I completed 10 reps as an even heavier weigh
Set 4: Dropped down to an easy resistance and completed 100 reps

It left my legs feeling like jello as I walked out the gym.  SUCCESS!! It was pretty nice coming home to a yummy meal after a hard workout at the gym.  

It started to rain after we finished lunch, so what better way to pass the time than with a yummy rum drink made by combining a frozen banana, mango juice, orange juice, some ice cubes and RUM all in a blender.  YUM!

 
Finally the rain went away and we were able to enjoy a bike ride, followed by some sushi and the best delicious caramel apple I've ever tasted, compliments of my very dear friend Karen.  



It was a FABULOUS day.  Now off to snuggle with my favorite man in the world as I enjoy the last 30 days until I turn 30.  How crazy is that?? 











 
    

                       


No comments:

Post a Comment