Search This Blog

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday's At Home Workout And A Great Bra Find

Yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed, distracted, a bit unmotivated, and all-around ready for the weekend but I knew I wanted to squeeze in a quick, challenging workout and remembered I had saved this little gem from Tina Reale's blog and decided to give it a try...

I tend to love her workouts as they are challenging, fast-paced, creative and fun.  I loved this one!  She has instructions on how to do it on her blog.  I recommend you check out her other routines while you're there.  She's good!!  I repeated the circuit two times and then it up with this countdown from Get Fit Naturally on Facebook.

COUNTDOWN
  • 20 side lunges (10 per side)
  • 19 calf raises
  • 18 bicycle crunches
  • 17 jump squats
  • 16 push ups
  • 15 crunches
  • 14 triceps dips
  • 13 wide stance squats with a 5 rep pulse at bottom (this was my favorite move)
  • 12 mountain climbers
  • 11 decline push ups (feet on bench)
  • 10 superman planks (plank position, touch right elbow to right knee, alternate with left)
  • 9 jump tucks (jump high pulling knees into chest as you do)
  • 8 burpees with a push up
  • 7 side lying triceps dips
  • 6 V-ups (abs)
  • 5 one leg squats (per side)
  • 4 box jumps (jump up on bench or box in one leap)
  • 3 tricep dips
  • 2 superman planks
  • 1 jump squat, followed by burpee with a push up
The whole workout took me about 30 minutes to complete.  It got my heart pounding and my muscles firing.  I'd say it was a mission accomplished!

Today's plan was for an easy long family run but our late start cut the run down to just over 4 HOT miles.  We still finished in time to take the boys to story time at Barnes and Noble and run some errands before coming home for yummy salads for lunch thanks to our great produce from Annie's Buying Club

On a completely different note, I had heard of a sports bra for us flat-chested girls (those breastfeeding boobs don't last forever) and was intrigued by the concept.  I was even more intrigued to discover they were having a SERIOUS SALE and decided to order one for myself.  I love it!  Check out handful bras here. I am quite happy about this find!

No comments:

Post a Comment