Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Fabulous Friday!


Breakfast this morning was quite entertaining with my little cuties.  They wanted to eat like big boys and sit in their chairs at the coffee table.  I was impressed with their "good sitting."  They actually stayed in their seats until all the food was gone.  Their entertainment consisted of making animal noises to go along with the farm animal puzzle on the table.  Too funny!  We can't look at an animal without making a sound to go along with it.  They make me laugh every day.  Next time you see them, ask them what a rabbit says...you won't regret it!




On week one of my half-marathon training plan, Friday is a REST DAY!!  You'd think I'd be excited about this but I have a hard time skipping activity for a day so I decided we'd settle for a little stroll this morning instead.  It was nice to get outside and get some fresh air as the boys did their typical "dog-watching."  They spend every walk just looking for a dog and when they finally see one, they say "dog, dog, dog, dog..." over and over again.  It's quite entertaining for everyone.  I'm trying to help them look for other animals as well, but they are still most interested in the coveted dog.  We will love dogs from afar though; no more dogs for this family.  But that's a whole other topic...

After our walk it was pool time.  We're enjoying a relaxing Friday with nothing we "have" to do.  I am experimenting with a crock pot "rotisserie chicken" thanks to Budget Bytes.  I'm hoping its a success.  I skipped the lemon and parsley and opted for some chicken seasoning I had.  I went heavy with the seasoning, like I typically do, and hope it tastes just like a Publix chicken, only hormone free and homemade :-)  Oh yea, and I made some scalloped potatoes as a side dish and I'll be cooking up some rainbow swiss chard.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, which includes first long run of the training plan.  Hope to get out there early to catch the sunrise and beat the heat.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment