Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

Vegan Italian Tempeh Nuggets

Here's the recipe for the Italian tempeh nuggets I made last night. It was my first experiment with a vegan recipe other than desserts. I'm sure I've unintentionally made vegan dishes in the past but this one was intended to be a part of a completely vegan meal. It did not disappoint. I got my vegan inspiration form blogilates.com where she has a two week Vegan challenge. I'm loosely following it... Here's my version of her recipe.... Marinade one packet of tempeh, diced, in the following for at least 3 hours: 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce 2 minced garlic cloves 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes 2 teaspoons fresh thyme 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning After its done soaking up all that delicious marinade, pour everything into a skillet and sauté until liquid has been absorbed. Enjoy! Thanks blogilates.com for your inspiration. I was one happy girl enjoying this along with my vegan "cream" of broccoli soup. (i just substituted almond milk for the milk and skipped the cheese. It was surprisingly yummy.) Can't wait to eat the rest for lunch today. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment