Search This Blog

Monday, July 9, 2012

2000 Reps...Phew!

If you're a frequenter of fitness blogs, you've probably noticed a new trend, at least I have...its the 1000 rep workout.  Different versions seems to be popping up here and there.  You know me; I had to take it up a notch and challenge myself by doubling the number of reps.  Most of the routines I checked out used the entire body and my plan for today was to target my legs, specifically my quadriceps and hamstrings, so I created my own version, inspired by theirs.   My goal was to work my legs, get my heart pumping, and keep it simple enough to do right at home.  My legs were definitely feeling it, so I'd say it was a mission accomplished.  Its hard not to get a little butt burning in there too when you use those leg muscles so the booty burning I felt in addition to my shaking legs was just an added bonus.  You can thank me later if you decide to give this a try... 

Here's what today's workout looked like:
  1. 100 jump ropes 
  2. 100 squats 
  3. 100 jumping jacks 
  4. 100 split squats (50 each leg) 
  5. 100 high knees 
  6. 100 plié pulses 
  7. 100 butt kicks 
  8. 100 reverse plank pulses 
  9. 100 heismans 
  10. 100 calf raises on step 
  11. 100 cross jacks 
  12. 100 bridge lifts 
  13. 100 vertical jumps 
  14. 100 squat pulses 
  15. 100 mummy kicks 
  16. 100 sissy squats 
  17. 100 mountain climbers 
  18. 100 step ups 
  19. 100 ski jumps 
  20. 100 jump ropes
All in all I felt like it was a great workout.   I'd love to know what you think if you decide to give it a try.  If it seems overwhelming, you can always try cutting the number of reps in half.  You can always repeat it if you have extra energy.  If you're not sure how to do a move, let me know or just google it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment