Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Upper Body Blitz Etc.

Yesterday I got in a killer arm workout that has my arms still feeling the burn in a good way.  I knew I wanted to focus on my chest and back, but didn't want to leave my arms or core out in the process and I came up with this nice little workout that I will definitley be repeating again.  Hopefully it gets easier each time I do it because my arms were screaming yesterday as I tried to eak out the last reps of each superset.  My workout looked like this:

  • Back Giant Set using bent over narrow rows, bent over wide rows, and bent over renegades. 
    • 3 rounds:
      • First round: 20 reps of each exercise followed by 100 reps of various biceps curls
      • Second round: 15 reps of each exercise followed by 100 reps of various triceps exercises
      • Third round: 10 reps of each exercise followed by 100 reps of various shoulder exercises.
  • Chest Giant Set chest press, chest flyes and renegades, all done on an stability ball.
    • 3 rounds:
      • First round: 20 reps of each exercise followed by 100 reps of mountain climbers.
      • Second round: 15 reps of each exercise followed by 1 minute plank with forearms on stability ball.
      • Third round: 10 reps of each exercise followed by 2 minute plank.
I used 15 pound dumbbells for the back and chest exercises and 8 pound dumbbells for the arm exercises. Success!

Today's workout focused on legs.  I wasn't feeling too creative so I used the old standby--a Jackie Warner circuit workout which banged out the workout in 15 minutes.  Cardio included 40 minutes on the elliptical so I could finish up my book for book club tonight.  I highly recommend The American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. 

Tomorrow I'm due for another run.  After a 5k on Saturday, where I got a PR by the way, and a 10 mile stroller run on Sunday, my legs needed a couple of days off from running but they're ready to go for tomorrow.  Haven't decided where, how long, or whether I'll bring the stroller or not.  I guess we'll see what tomorrow and my two teething toddlers brings...

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment