Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Maintenance Mode

Working out and staying on track with an eating plan is EXTREMELY difficult when company comes to visit.  With spring break and the boys' birthday, March is full of visitors so I have decided that rather than setting myself up for disappointment by setting unrealistic goals for myself, my goal will be to maintain my current fitness and be ready to kick it up a notch when April arrives and our day-to-day schedule returns to normal.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting to the gym at lifting weights least 3 times a week and making sure to get in 3 runs a week, being sure to throw a long run into the mix, but I know that many workouts will be rushed or adapted to the days' schedule.   I may not get to the gym as much as I'd like, but that doesn't mean I can't squeeze in some quickie at-home workouts with my dumbbells, mat, and exercise ball.  I can give myself a kick-butt workout in 10-15 minutes and I plan to utilize my DVD workouts as well.  Dropsets, supersets, speedwork, here I come!  This is the month of getting the most bang for my buck.  I've planned the following workouts this week and so far I have been able to stick to them...
  • Monday- 30 minutes on the elliptical, including 10 30 second sprints and lots of inclines
  • Tuesday- Jackie Warner Upper Body workout and 3 mile run at a quick pace (25 minutes...would like it to be quicker next time.)
  • Wednesday - Leg Dropsets (took 15 minutes and had my legs shaking) and 3 miles on the elliptical doing hill repeats
  • Thursday - 5 miles run with the boys in the jogging stroller
  • Friday - Full body weights routine using supersets
  • Saturday - 5k race to earn my green beer :-)
  • Sunday - REST!!
How do you stay on track with your fitness and diet when life gets in the way?  I especially struggle with sticking to my diet - drinks included.  It's easy to stay on track with breakfast and lunch but I find myself slipping up repeatedly with happy hours, dinners, and late night noshing.  Any tips?  I'd love to hear them! Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment