Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise



Pinned Image
Gloomy days always seem to have a way of helping me to come up with a million excuses for skipping my workout.  Today was one of those days when I needed an extra push to get me out the door and on the road to my scheduled workout.  I'm so glad I found the motivation to get out on the road because I had an AMAZING run.  Let me tell you why...

Pinned ImageLately, all of my runs have included pushing the 90+ pound jogging stroller and I've been clocking 9 1/2 to 10 minute miles.  I have been feeling like I'm not regaining any of my pre-pregnancy speed and it's been pretty discouraging.  I know I'm physically fit and getting in my exercise remains a priority, and I'm proud of that, but I've been hesitant to sign up for any races because I feel like I would just end up seriously disappointed and embarrased by my time.  If I do race, I do so with the stroller, hiding behind it in a sense.  Since I haven't been doing any runs without the stroller, I didn't really have an idea of how fast or strong I was in terms of running solo.  Today's run gave me a pleasant surprise and some insight into the improvements I've made in regards to my fitness.  I ran a 10K without the stroller, including bridges, in 48 minutes and 48 seconds.  That's faster than my fastest race time for that distance.  I was BLOWN AWAY!  Turns out running with that jogging stroller is making me faster and stronger.  Those 10 minute miles with added resistance are giving me some serious results.  Looks like I'll be sticking with my running buddy, the jogging stroller.  It's a pretty good training partner after all.  Having my boys with me every step of the way is a nice bonus too. 

 
Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment