Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kick Butt Leg Workout

Today's leg day kicked my butt in a good way.  It was a challenging workout that left my legs shaking--exactly what I was going for!  I will be repeating this workout again as I work to strengthen my lower half and try to give some semblance of a butt to my backside.  My workout looked like this:

100 squats in dropset form (I started with 60 pounds and worked my way down to 35 pounds)

Dumbbell Circuit--Repeated 3 times:
  • Bench Step Ups    (15 each leg with 15 lb dumbbells)
  • Stiff legged deadlifts (25 with 20 lb dumbbells)
  • Lunges (15 each leg with 15 lb dumbbells)
Dropsets on the following machines--40 reps each machine:
  • Leg Press (started at 180 and worked down to 130)
  • Leg curl (started at 70 and worked down to 35)
  • Leg extension (started at 60 and worked down to 20)
  • Leg adductor (40 reps at 50 pounds)
  • Leg abductor (40 reps at 40 lbs)
I finished up with 5 minutes of plank variations, stopping to rest for short periods as needed and 22 minutes on the elliptical. GREAT workout!

I'm hoping finishing up on the ellipical worked out some of the soreness the workout might cause for tomorrow.  We'll see....

On the food front, I got pretty lazy with my clean eating with a vacation over the weekend and other various excuses, none of which really count, because they are just EXCUSES but I'm refocusing starting today.  February 1 is a good start date, right?  I want to cut back on mindless snacking and be more mindful of what I'm eating, to take my time in planning and enjoying what I choose to put in my mouth.  Every bite is a CHOICE and I want to make ones I don't regret.  That doesn't mean I don't have any wiggle room, but if I want to meet my goals, I have to focus and at least keep a 80% good/20% splurge minimum balance.  Here's to fresh starts and every day being a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment