Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Upper Body Burner

Today my time was limited in the gym so I knew I needed to maximize my time and get a good workout at the same time.  For me, that either means circuits or supersets, both with minimal rest.  It ends up giving me a bit of a cardio workout as well since my heart rate really gets up there.  My weights workout took about 25 minutes and left my arms completely exhausted.  Success! 

The workout looked like this:
  • 3 minutes of various Bicep Curls (idea borrowed from pbfingers)
  • 3 minutes of various Shoulder Exercises
  • Push-ups and Dumbbell Upright Rows superset (3 sets of 15 of each exercise)
  • Tricep pressdowns and Seated Row superset on cable machine (3 sets of 15 of each exercise)
  • Assisted Pull-ups and Tricep Dips superset on Pull-Up Machine (3 sets of 12 of each exercise)
  • Overhead Tricep Extension and Straight-Arm Pressdowns superset on cable machine (3 sets of 12)
Being the cardio queen that I am, I rounded out the workout with 15 minutes on the elliptical and headed home.  Not a shabby way to start the day.  Hope you make yours great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment