Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hit 'Em Heavy and Hit 'Em Hard Legs Workout

It seems like the less time I have to work out, the more focused and efficient I am.  I guess it's kind of like how I felt when I was in high school and college where it seemed like the busier I was, the more focused I was.  I actually seemed to do bes in school when I was busiest with extracurriculars.  There wasn't time to slack off.  I see the same thing happening at times in my adulthood, at least in terms of my exercise.  Even though I had a limited amount of time in the gym this morning, I still got in a VERY good workout.  I knew what I needed to do, knew how much time I had to do it in, and was focused to get it done.  It was legs day and I decided to hit 'em hard and heavy.  It gave me that sweet pain which I know will lead to results.  Here's what it looked like...

Move
Weight
Repetitions
Sets
Split squats with bosu ball
15 lb dumbbells
15 (each leg)
3
Sumo squats on smith machine
70 pounds
15
3
Deadlifts – with barbell
70 pounds
15
3
Hamstring ball curls
Body weight
15
3
Glute bridges with weight plate
25 pounds
20
3
Squats on smith machine
40 pounds
25
4
Plank variations
Bodyweight
1 minute
4
*****Colors indicate exercises that were super-setted. 

It was an adaptation of a workout, shown below, which I found at pbfingers.   I get tons of inspiration from her workouts.  She has a similar workout style to mine but her legs are stronger than mine.  I'm getting there and I hate to rest so I tend to fatigue faster.  I know, I know...excuses, excuses....  What can I say, I'm a supersets kind of gal. 

I finished up my workout with 12 minutes on the elliptical.  For the first 10 minutes, I did 30 second sprints with 30 second recoveries.  I finished with a 2 minute cool down.  Like I said, I hit 'em hard.  I got in, I got it done, and I got out in less than 30 minutes.  Now that's what I call a stellar workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment