Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dropsets - Upper Body Style

Dropsets are  one of my favorite go-to workout mehods when I want an intense workout that doesn't take a lot of time.   I especially like using dropsets when working out on machines.  To do them, I pick a weight that is challenging, one that would fatigue me in 10-12 reps.  When I feel like I can't do any more reps at that weight, I quickly lower the weights and crank out as many as I can at the lower weight.  I then lower the weight again and keep pumping til I can't complete any more with good form, which means it's time to lighten the load again.  I usually continue this process until I have churned out 40-50 reps.  Today I tried to keep the weights as heavy as possible to really challenge myself so I did 40 reps on each machine.  I did an upper body routine and completed dropsets on the following machines:
  • Chest press
  • Overhead press
  • Seated row
  • Lat pulldown
  • Incline press
  • Chest flyes on cable machine
  • Triceps pressdown
  • Assisted dip
  • Assisted pull-up
  • Narrow-grip lat pulldown
I finished up my gym time with 5 minutes of various planks and rounded out my fitness today with a 4 mile run a bit later in the morning with my boys in the jogging stroller.   It was a great workout that really fueled my appetite today.  After a bit of splurging over the weekend, my clean-eating was back on track today.   

What's your favorite go-to workout?  Do you like relax your healthy habits on the weekends? Let me know how you get things back into gear on Mondays.  Hope you had a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment