Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pyramid Workout - FULL BODY

Today's workout was a quick, tough one.  I used a pyramid approach which works like this: 

Perform each set of exercises as a superset (back to back without rest).  Start with 10 reps of each exercise and do 1 less rep in each successive superset. I paired up the following exercises using this approach:
  • Dumbbell Straight Leg Deadlifts and Dumbbell Rows
  • Dumbbell Squats and Rotating Biceps Curls
  • Push Ups and Squat Jumps
  • Lunges (Right leg forward) and Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
  • Lunges ( Left leg forward) and Overhead Shoulder Presses
I finished up the workout with 100 jumping jacks, 100 high knees, 100 butt kicks, 100 Heismans, and 100 jump ropes all done as quickly as possible with 30 seconds of rest in between each exercise.  

It was a great start to my Saturday.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment