Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Upper Body Workout

After a great easy day yesterday, I was ready to jump back into a good muscle-building session today.  I did an upper body workout that included 3 different circuits.  It looked like this:

Stability Ball Circuit--I did 10 repetitions of each exercise and went through  the circuit 3 times. 
  • Push-ups with feet on stability ball
  • Chest dumbbell flyes on stability ball
  • Dumbbell pullover on stability ball
  • Prone reverse flyes on stability ball
  • Tricep overhead extensions while seated on stability ball
  • Concentration curls while seated on stability ball
  • Overhead press while seated on stability ball
Chest and Back Circuit--I did 10 repetitions of each exercise and repeated the circuit 4 times. 
  • Bent over renegade rows
  • Chest renegade presses on the floor
  • Wide bent-over row
  • Chest press on the floor
Triceps/Biceps/Shoulder Circuit--I did each exercise for 1 minute and repeated the circuit 3 times.
  • Bicep curls (one time wide, one time narrow, one time hammer)
  • Tricep kickbacks
  • Arnold press
I rounded out today's fitness with my MuTu exercises and a five mile run.  What a difference the weather makes.  The heat was killing me this afternoon.  Gotta make a point of getting my runs in during the morning or late afternoon hours. 

Try out parts or all of this workout and let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment