Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hard Work Earns a Recovery Day

Saturday's long run left me in need of a recovery run on Sunday.  30 minutes of easy FLAT jogging with the stroller fit the bill and the glorious weather made it feel like a breeze.  I ended my run at the green market where I picked up some tomatoes, cucumbers, and garlic.  YUM!  The walk home with the boys was a delight as we checked out the trees and squirrels. 

Also on the docket yesterday was full-body weight-training.  I decided to stick with my Jackie Warner kick and did her Xtreme Timesaver Training DVD.  If you're looking for a kick-butt workout, this is it!  She combines upper body and lower body moves, doing each exercise for a minute with no real breaks.  It becomes a cardio workout too as your whole body pumps out reps for 30 minutes.  She is intense and it lives up to its name as an Xtreme training session. 

I decided to go with 8 lb dumbbells for the entire session and I'm not gonna lie, there were times where I was going much slower than her and also a couple of "pauses" when muscle fatigue set in and I had to take a quick breather before jumping back in.  One day, hopefully, I'll get through the whole thing without having to take any breaks.

After a pretty intense weekend fitness-wise, today needed to be easy.  I went to the gym early this morning for 40 minutes on the elliptical.  The time passed quickly as I read my book for this month's book club on my kindle and played around with the intensity and incline, trying to keep things in the moderate range. It was a success and I'm ready to tackle the rest of the day.  Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment