Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chest and Back Supersets

I am still feeling a little under the weather today but since I have no "below-the-neck" symptoms, I figured I'd give the gym a try and see what I could crank out. 

Today's workout began with 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical.  I worked on challenging my speed and intensity by varying the incline as well as the level.  I also did five thirty second sprints with 30 seconds of recovery at the end of the workout.

I then continued on to the weightlifting portion of my workout. Today I targeted chest and back with 4 rounds of supersets.  I performed 8 exercises paired together as supersets with no rest in between, doing 3 sets of 12 reps.  I took a one minute break to grab some water in the middle of the workout, but other than that I kept things moving.  The weightlifting portion of my workout only took me about 17 minutes and the workout had my muscles begging for mercy.  I love to feel the burn!  My workout looked like this:
  • Assisted Pull-Up and Assisted Dip Superset
  • Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows and Dumbbell Bench Press Superset
  • 1 minute rest
  • Seated Row and Incline Press Superset
  • Reverse Fly and Fly Superset
It was a quickie and a goodie.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I'm off to conquer the day.  Looks like I've got lots of chores and errands to catch up on as long as my car battery keeps kicking for me.  Here's to trying to make it to the weekend so I can get a new battery.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment